I am a third-year PhD student (2021 - present) of Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). I am fortunate to be advised by Prof. Rui Wang. Before that, I received the bachelor degree in Software Engineering from South China University of Technology (SCUT). I am currently a research intern at Tencen AI Lab, co-advised by Dr. Xing Wang and Dr. Zhaopeng Tu.
Autonomous Agent powered by Large Language Models
- Multi-agent debate [Preprint]
Human-centered Machine Translation
- Bridging the gap between training signal and real user input [ACL 2022]
- Human-like translation strategy [TACL 2024]
- Improving translation with human feedback
- 2023.11: 🎉🎉 One paper about human-like translation strategy is accepted by TACL 2024.
- 2023.05: We introduce the MAPS framework, enabling LLMs to mimic the human translation strategy. See also the media coverage 📸 and demo.
- 2023.05: We propose multi-agent debate framework (MAD) with large language models (preprint).
- 2023.05: One short paper about tense consistency of machine translation is accepted by ACL 2023.
* denotes co-first authors
Zhuosheng Zhang, Yao Yao, Aston Zhang, Xiangru Tang, Xinbei Ma, Zhiwei He, Yiming Wang, Mark Gerstein, Rui Wang, Gongshen Liu, Hai Zhao
- A journey from CoT to language agent.
Tian Liang*, Zhiwei He*, Wenxiang Jiao*, Xing Wang, Yan Wang, Rui Wang, Yujiu Yang, Zhaopeng Tu, Shuming Shi
- Yes. Multi-agent debate.
Tian Liang, Zhiwei He, Jen-tse Huang, Wenxuan Wang, Wenxiang Jiao, Rui Wang, Yujiu Yang, Zhaopeng Tu, Shuming Shi, Xing Wang
* denotes co-first authors
Zhiwei He*, Tian Liang*, Wenxiang Jiao, Zhuosheng Zhang, Yujiu Yang, Rui Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Shuming Shi, Xing Wang
- We propose MAPS, the first machine translation system that mimics human translation strategies.
- Outperforms WMT22 winners in 5 out of 11 translation directions.
- Media coverage
Wenxiang Jiao, Jen-tse Huang, Wenxuan Wang, Zhiwei He, Tian Liang, Xing Wang, Shuming Shi, Zhaopeng Tu
Yiming Ai, Zhiwei He, Kai Yu, Rui Wang
Zhiwei He, Xing Wang, Zhaopeng Tu, Shuming Shi, Rui Wang
- Machine translation system for Livonian
- 🥇1st place for English$\Rightarrow$Livonian (unconstrained system)
- 🥈2nd place for Livonian$\Rightarrow$English (unconstrained system)
Zhiwei He, Xing Wang, Rui Wang, Shuming Shi, Zhaopeng Tu
🎖 Honors and Awards
- 2022.8: 1st place in the WMT22 General Translation Task, English to Livonian (Unconstrained System).
- 2022.8: 2nd place in the WMT22 General Translation Task, Livonian to English (Unconstrained System).
- 2018, 2019: First Class Scholarship.
💬 Invited Talks
- 2023.11: Improving Machine Translation with Human Strategy and Feedback, CJNLP | [slide]
- 2022.08: Unsupervised Neural Machine Translation, CCKS 2022